Where else to find me
- The Serena Williams cartoon was brilliant – but unnecessarily offensive
- Forget crime – it’s investigating non-crime that pays dividends
- In the gutter, with no view of the stars
- Want to hire talented individuals? Then stop treating them like criminals.
- ISIS ‘Beatles’ deserve not one second of our consideration
- Divisions over strategy risk derailing Brexit
- Will Tommy Robinson Supporters Denounce This?
- Chequers Proposal: Time for Brexiteers to face reality
- Good writing deserves to be read
- Fired for a racist tweet. But was it really racist?
Monthly Archives: December 2016
Is there anything more entertaining, right now, than the public spat playing out between the outgoing Obama administration and Vladimir Putin, over the alleged Russian hacking of Democratic Party servers and Obama’s consequent decision to expel 35 Russian diplomats from … Continue reading
Let’s stop saying that the west could have done more to end the war in Syria. That sounds far too much like an accusation of simple complacency, when the reality is the west has done far more to prolong and … Continue reading
In all the stories we are seeing about the liberation of Aleppo, one thing is for certain – it’s virtually impossible any longer to tell facts from fiction. On 13 December I was sitting in a bar in London, killing … Continue reading
Yesterday evening I found myself glued to the first episode in a new television series called “Big Life Fix with Simon Reeve” (BBC2, 9pm) For the benefit of those who haven’t seen it, it’s essentially about challenging young, enthusiastic inventors … Continue reading
Geek alert – subject matter may cause rolling of eyes into back of head, and extreme feelings of tiredness I have a confession. Whenever anybody asks what I do for a living, I tell them that I work in IT. … Continue reading