Where else to find me
- The Serena Williams cartoon was brilliant – but unnecessarily offensive
- Forget crime – it’s investigating non-crime that pays dividends
- In the gutter, with no view of the stars
- Want to hire talented individuals? Then stop treating them like criminals.
- ISIS ‘Beatles’ deserve not one second of our consideration
- Divisions over strategy risk derailing Brexit
- Will Tommy Robinson Supporters Denounce This?
- Chequers Proposal: Time for Brexiteers to face reality
- Good writing deserves to be read
- Fired for a racist tweet. But was it really racist?
Category Archives: identity politics
A little like the story of the boy who cried wolf, many of us are so inured to hearing accusations of racism in response to virtually any criticism of a person of colour, that we now simply tune out. So … Continue reading
Two young men with their whole lives ahead of them. One stabbed to death while waiting for a bus – for being black. The other abducted, stabbed repeatedly, doused in petrol and set on fire – for being white. We all … Continue reading
Oh God, people are sharing yet another earnest video on Facebook which attempts to explain ‘privilege’ to the uninitiated. You don’t even have to watch it to know what you’re in for – after all, it’s published by a group … Continue reading
A friend recently brought my attention to Karl Popper’s “Paradox of Tolerance”. Briefly, it states that defending tolerance requires us not to tolerate the intolerant. This is essentially the argument used by many of today’s liberals and champions of minority … Continue reading