Where else to find me
- The Serena Williams cartoon was brilliant – but unnecessarily offensive
- Forget crime – it’s investigating non-crime that pays dividends
- In the gutter, with no view of the stars
- Want to hire talented individuals? Then stop treating them like criminals.
- ISIS ‘Beatles’ deserve not one second of our consideration
- Divisions over strategy risk derailing Brexit
- Will Tommy Robinson Supporters Denounce This?
- Chequers Proposal: Time for Brexiteers to face reality
- Good writing deserves to be read
- Fired for a racist tweet. But was it really racist?
Category Archives: politics
A little like the story of the boy who cried wolf, many of us are so inured to hearing accusations of racism in response to virtually any criticism of a person of colour, that we now simply tune out. So … Continue reading
In a truly creative interpretation of the role of the police, South Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner went on national radio earlier this week to explain why the police force he oversees, despite being too short of resources to investigate … Continue reading
I might have known that within hours of the media reporting that Sajid Javid has dropped his objection to the death penalty for the two captured ISIS terrorists from the “Beatles” terror cell, we would be hearing about the fierce … Continue reading
A disheartening argument yesterday on Twitter, with a fellow Brexiteer. It started when I pointed out to her that I don’t think Mrs May’s Chequers plan is quite the disaster that many are portraying it as, to which she responded, … Continue reading
A video has been circulated on Twitter, showing a Tommy Robinson supporter verbally abusing a journalist from Al Jazeera, at last weekend’s “Free Tommy” march in London. My interaction with a Tommy Robinson supporter today… pic.twitter.com/7QU5j5Uagx — Sonia Gallego (@SoniaGallegoAJE) … Continue reading
I’ve spent the last few days trawling through endless reports and analyses of Theresa May’s Chequers proposal for leaving the EU, and it’s fair to say my brain is fried. From the initial newspaper reports and tweets shouting “Betrayal!” to … Continue reading
A few months ago, I had a blazing row on Facebook with a friend who took exception to something I hadn’t written in my blog. Yes, you read that correctly. In response to my blog, “All Hail the Mogg!” this … Continue reading
Roseanne Barr has had her show cancelled because of a tweet suggesting former Obama aide Valerie Jarrett is the product of a union between the Muslim Brotherhood and the Planet of the Apes. ABC Network, in cancelling the show, issued … Continue reading