Where else to find me
- The Serena Williams cartoon was brilliant – but unnecessarily offensive
- Forget crime – it’s investigating non-crime that pays dividends
- In the gutter, with no view of the stars
- Want to hire talented individuals? Then stop treating them like criminals.
- ISIS ‘Beatles’ deserve not one second of our consideration
- Divisions over strategy risk derailing Brexit
- Will Tommy Robinson Supporters Denounce This?
- Chequers Proposal: Time for Brexiteers to face reality
- Good writing deserves to be read
- Fired for a racist tweet. But was it really racist?
Category Archives: terrorism
I might have known that within hours of the media reporting that Sajid Javid has dropped his objection to the death penalty for the two captured ISIS terrorists from the “Beatles” terror cell, we would be hearing about the fierce … Continue reading
It’s an indication of just how messed-up our political world has become, that seemingly the sole voice of reason in the furore over last weekend’s events in Charlottesville, is Donald Trump. Journalists and politicians are falling all over themselves – … Continue reading
Westminster. Manchester. London Bridge. Three terrorist attacks in three months. How have we ended up here? How have we ended up in a situation in which the bodies from the Manchester bombing had not yet been laid to rest before … Continue reading
Let’s stop saying that the west could have done more to end the war in Syria. That sounds far too much like an accusation of simple complacency, when the reality is the west has done far more to prolong and … Continue reading
In all the stories we are seeing about the liberation of Aleppo, one thing is for certain – it’s virtually impossible any longer to tell facts from fiction. On 13 December I was sitting in a bar in London, killing … Continue reading