Where else to find me
- Yes, the EU referendum was advisory. Parliament still can’t ignore the vote
- Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe – a pawn in too many political games
- Yes, 69% of UK constituencies really did vote to leave the EU
- Why South Africa’s farm murders should worry us all
- Abandon Brexit? Be prepared to embrace plutocracy
- Think the Dementia Tax is unfair? Think again
- Is there really any point to #MeToo?
- Privilege – the ‘wokest’ way to divide society
- Could Hollywood have Trump to thank for the collapse of the casting couch?
- Marriage – who says it takes two?
Category Archives: terrorism
It’s an indication of just how messed-up our political world has become, that seemingly the sole voice of reason in the furore over last weekend’s events in Charlottesville, is Donald Trump. Journalists and politicians are falling all over themselves – … Continue reading
Westminster. Manchester. London Bridge. Three terrorist attacks in three months. How have we ended up here? How have we ended up in a situation in which the bodies from the Manchester bombing had not yet been laid to rest before … Continue reading
Let’s stop saying that the west could have done more to end the war in Syria. That sounds far too much like an accusation of simple complacency, when the reality is the west has done far more to prolong and … Continue reading
In all the stories we are seeing about the liberation of Aleppo, one thing is for certain – it’s virtually impossible any longer to tell facts from fiction. On 13 December I was sitting in a bar in London, killing … Continue reading