Where else to find me
- The Serena Williams cartoon was brilliant – but unnecessarily offensive
- Forget crime – it’s investigating non-crime that pays dividends
- In the gutter, with no view of the stars
- Want to hire talented individuals? Then stop treating them like criminals.
- ISIS ‘Beatles’ deserve not one second of our consideration
- Divisions over strategy risk derailing Brexit
- Will Tommy Robinson Supporters Denounce This?
- Chequers Proposal: Time for Brexiteers to face reality
- Good writing deserves to be read
- Fired for a racist tweet. But was it really racist?
Tag Archives: free speech
So Katie Hopkins has been reported to the police for using the words “final solution” in a tweet. Never mind that the tweet was aimed at Philip Schofield. Or that nobody actually asked her to clarify what she meant by … Continue reading →
No, sorry. This is not about free speech. We have libel laws for a reason – to protect people from having their lives and reputations ruined by malicious lies. To paraphrase that so-overused quote about Voltaire’s beliefs, I may not … Continue reading →